Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So, I Was Wrong - Again


My options for Bible study this fall were limited.  I work full time, so the night time studies are the only ones that I can do.  My choices were Daniel (already did that one) and Covenant.  So, Covenant it is.  I will just go ahead and admit that I wasn’t that excited about it.  It was the name, actually.  Covenant.  It sounded stuffy, boring, tedious . . . you get the picture.  I kept asking myself, Do I really want to do this every week for the next nine weeks? No. Yes.  No. Okay.   But, I decided that it could be worse -  someone could sit there and read Leviticus out loud every night. I went.

Let me just say here and now that I will NEVER look at a rainbow the same way again.  I have a whole new respect for  Noah, Mrs. Noah and the family.  I FINALLY understand that whole  name changing thing with Abram/Abraham and Sarai/Sarah.  And there’s Moses . . . a reluctant leader who delivered the covenant to the Israelites from God.  (By the way, one of my favorite verses in the whole Bible is Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”  I am SO bad at being still.  I would have been a terrific Israelite, though, moaning and complaining all the time, hollering that Moses got me out of Egypt only to kill me in the desert.)  And, then, of course, there is the Last Supper that included quite a covenant!

Was I excited about Covenant?  Nope.  Am I excited about it now?  Yes.  Absolutely.  No doubt.  Looking forward to the homework.  That’s right.  I WANT to do the homework and see what is coming next.  Who knew?!

Maybe you haven’t begun one of the Bible studies this fall.  IT IS NOT TOO LATE!  I promise , promise, promise . . . it is not too late.  Just come and join in right where we are—doesn’t matter which study you choose.  Just come and be a part of a wonderful time of finding out what God’s Word has to say to us.  The Bible verses we have read in the study so far are things I have read countless times.  And, boy, did I miss some stuff!!  Maybe you missed some stuff, too.  Come find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment