Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wish I Were There


I missed Bible study on Tuesday night – in more ways than one.  I simply could not be there, so I missed it.  (California is a long way from Alabama.)  And I wish I could have been there, so I missed it.  How strange that something I wasn’t all that excited about doing in the first place has ended up being so important.  Isn’t God something?  He can take someone like me – reluctant, half-hearted, uncertain – and teach them something very special, very important in spite of it all.  The only thing I had to do was go.  Make the commitment and go.  Decide that no matter how hesitant I might be, studying God’s word is more important.  He will do it for you, too.  So . . . next time you get the chance, next time you think you’d rather not, next time you think you just don’t have the time . . . go to Bible study anyway.  You will learn and be blessed in spite of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment